Ringtones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gw0gvq, Jun 27, 2017.

1. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

My iPhone6S Plus has to go back to apple to fix , I was fortunate I'm using an old iPhone 5 for the time being but I have three ringtones that I have bought and I want them on my iPhone 5 but they wont sync over. Any ideas how they can be synced when I click on tones in the drop down menu I cant see them but if I go to another part of itunes they appear. .

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Can't you just download them on the phone using your Apple ID?

3. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

How do I do that ? I got a feeling there are a few folders missing from the sidebar because I remember seeing tones there but now thats not showing in sidebar only on the drop down menu.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I believe you can just download the ringtone on the phone itself without using iTunes.
    Assuming you bought them from Apple.

5. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

I see what you mean (i think ;-) yes they were bought from apple but when I bought them they were downloaded onto my iPhone 6s and now its going back for repair I wanted the tones temorarilly on my iphone 5 but the only way I can do it is sync it that I know. because theyve been downloaded once.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im not 100% but I think if you purchased them once you can redownload them with the same Apple ID as many times as you want.
    Same as apps from the appstore if Im not mistaken.

7. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Wel, if you have ever downloaded the tone on your computer you can sync it. If not, then you need to buy each individual ringtone again to use them. There is no other way.
    Tones are a bit different. If you download it, it is gone from your account. If you want to redownload it from store, you need to buy it again.
    https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201272
    This is a major reason I don’t buy any ringtone but choose to make one myself.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thank you for the info.
    It kinda sucks that you will have to pay for the same ringtone again.

To the OP I would try readding them to your itunes library and see if they appear in the ringtones section. In order to sync them over.