Rinke Slim iPhone 6 case (with pics)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hak187, Sep 21, 2014.

1. hak187 macrumors member

My Amazon order for the Rinke Slim case showed up yesterday. I had also bought the Spigen perfect fit slim white case, but I think I am going to stick with the Rinke Slim for now as it covers both the top and bottom edge as well.

It is a little slippery but I will get used to it. Not bad for about $10 shipped from Amazon. It is now $7.99 with free Prime shipping, which is cheaper than I got it for.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N169TD4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached Files:

2. BuryMeInSmoke macrumors member

Looks great! I had that case on a galaxy s5 awhile back and really liked it.

3. malevolant macrumors 6502

Jealous. They need to put the 6+ version on amazon so I can buy it. Does the camera still protrude, or is the case thick enough that the camera is now raised off a table when set flat.

4. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

I have one in black that I bought when I thought I was getting a 6 and it came yesterday. The quality is amazing for being so thin.

5. hak187 thread starter macrumors member

The camera does not protrude.

6. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

I pre-ordered black through Amazon and it arrived on the 19th. It's going right back though. The thin piece in front of the lightning connector cutout arrived bent and warped, and it doesn't fit snug over the phone.

I think the flaw with this case is that it is too hard for how thin it is. I am hoping the Desmay or Shumuri will do the same thing but with a bit softer material.

For now, I am using the Spigen Capsule. It's a bit thicker, but still gives 360 degree protection and some lip in front, which is what I wanted.

7. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I like the Ringke fusion. It has port protectors and both the crystal clear and smoke black version just sho case the beauty of the device while protecting it.

8. vistokid macrumors 6502

Looks great! What color did you get? Is that white or crystal?

9. vistokid macrumors 6502

All the reviews on the link you provided seem to say it's very slippery? How slippery is it?

10. hak187 thread starter macrumors member

I have the white one. It is fairly slippery. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but the plastic has a kind of ceramic feel to it.

11. bobright macrumors 601

I am really thinking of getting this for my gold looks real good. OP does it feel like it could damage/scuff the back due to how hard it is? Thatd be my only fear. Also the front there doesnt seem to be a lip, is that true? It doesnt get in the way of the curved display right?

12. vistokid macrumors 6502

Thanks OP. Ordered white and clear. I have the Spigen Thin Fit (black) and the Ringke is actually a little thicker than the Spigen. But the top and bottom support is nice to have.

I hope it's not too slippery.

13. techishi macrumors member

Just wanted to chime in here. Today, I got this same case but in the SF ( soft touch ) Black option. The soft touch is what differentiates this option from the others. It feels great and has the same aesthetics as the old Ringke Slims ( 5/5s soft touch ). The feel is a nice matte, not slippery. The only different thing about this case than the priors is that there is top and bottom coverage protection, which I honestly prefer. The bottom of my old 5 got dinged up quite a bit.

I almost went with the Spigen Air Skin but heard it's slimmer than the camera which is pretty crazy. I believe the Ringke case thickness is 1mm so it covers the camera no problem ( didn't notice any wobble ).

The advantage the Spigen has is that there is no apparent 'bump' around the edges. The Ringke has an ever so slightly 'bump', not nearly as bad as the Apple silicon cases but noticeable. However, I think with use it becomes negligible.

Did my best with the pictures attached.

Attached Files:

14. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

God, those slots in the corners look awful! I really loved my Ringke case for the iPhone 5, especially the soft touch feel, but I'll never be able to deal with those slots.

15. Kisey macrumors 6502a

It's so you can get the case on and off. Otherwise the case would need to be open on the top and bottom just like it is for the 5..

16. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I know. I understand the utility, it just looks terrible. I would have gone for an open bottom and top any day. But to each his own. Lots of people don't like the cases I love.

17. Kisey macrumors 6502a

I'm with you. I prefer all around protection, but if it's at the cost of ugly slits in the case, I'd easily pass.

18. vistokid macrumors 6502

Got my cases today... they are UNREAL. Totally impressed.

Only concern... how can I take it off? It seems totally fused on the phone.

19. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

+1 on that. Those slits are really ugly.

Is this a hard case or one of those soft cases?

20. vistokid macrumors 6502

Hard. The clear is fine with the slits.

21. KlTTY macrumors newbie

You have to pry off the case from the corner near the camera, while pushing the phone out with your thumb through the camera hole. You have to make sure you are prying off both the top and side of the case.

----------

how is the clear? does it have some special kind of coating to make it less slippery? or is it like any other slippery clear plastic case?

22. vistokid macrumors 6502

It is a little slippery, but all hard clear cases are slippery. I don't find it bad at all. Really impressed.

23. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Do you mind taking pics of the clear one with and without the phone?

24. kl323 macrumors member

I have the clear one. It's not bad. It is definitely slippery. More slippery than the aluminum. HOWEVER, because it adds some thickness to the overall phone, it' gets better grip that way.

It's a PITA to get the case off. Worry about how it'll snap and crack esp with the slits. But it's okay so far and hasn't scratched the side of the phone. I also wonder how the clear will hold up with scratches. it made no mention of scratch resistance.

For those who got this, did you guys get a screen protector with it? I got an instruction inside to put one on, but no screen protector.