Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenbee

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2015
it just died? It worked yesterday and was charged. 1st gen, bought in May of 2015. I think I took it in about a year-year and a half ago and they replaced half of the hardware. Has anyone else’s died like this? It’s going into the store this week, do I even bother to fix it or get an air or a mbp 13?

JeffreyVB

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2019
Va Beach, VA
Sorry to hear that. Hope they can get you back up and running. My 12in is a 2015 model as well. What did they replace for you last year?

greenbee

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2015
Sorry to hear that. Hope they can get you back up and running. My 12in is a 2015 model as well. What did they replace for you last year?
It was the logic board, replaced on 11/2017, but now the computer is out of Apple care I assume.

JeffreyVB

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2019
Va Beach, VA
It was the logic board, replaced on 11/2017, but now the computer is out of Apple care I assume.

Mine was just returned for a logic board replacement. After swapping the battery and keyboard, I would have an issue where the screen would randomly go black. Apple is repairing it free under the 90 warranty with my battery replacement.

greenbee

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2015
Update: $575 to fix. Since Best Buy is having a crazy sale on MacBook’s I decided to just get a new MacBook 13 inch 2.4 ghz today. It’s a shame, crappy machine that didn’t last. My wife has a 2016 12inch, warranty is up September 2020, hopefully it doesn’t have the same issues. I really hope this MacBook Pro lasts more than 4 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.