RIP 2nd Gen Itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GregUNL10, Jul 13, 2011.

1. GregUNL10 Guest

I have tried to cover my literature search on this subject and I have not found anything to fix my problem.

I usually keep my 2nd Gen itouch in my car attached to my car stereo. This morning I found my itouch not connecting to my car and unfortunately I found that it would not connect to itunes or turn on. I tried reseting my itouch by holding the home and power button for over a minute but to no prevail. I have also just let my itouch stay connected to my computer in hope something would happen.

Yesterday was hot outside, but not any hotter than the other hottest days this year. My only guess is that it is fried.

Any other suggestions to help revive my itouch? Thanks in advance for your help.

2. jonrando macrumors 6502a

If you can't do anything with it, it's probably done.

Does it turn on or anything?

3. jonrando macrumors 6502a

If you can turn it on, it's most likely dead. If you can, make the jump to the 4th generation, it's well worth it. ;)

4. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

He's right, I was a 2nd Gen user from day one. Until 4th Gen came out, it was a difference of night and day for me. There's so much more apps and features.

Take the plunge!!:cool:

5. GregUNL10 thread starter Guest

Yeah, I knew the 2nd Gen was getting outdated when the new iOS's did not even include this generation.

6. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

The 2nd Gen stopped supporting iOS 4 until 4.2.1. Not bad for three year old hardware.