iPod touch RIP 2nd Gen Itouch

G

GregUNL10

Original poster
I have tried to cover my literature search on this subject and I have not found anything to fix my problem.

I usually keep my 2nd Gen itouch in my car attached to my car stereo. This morning I found my itouch not connecting to my car and unfortunately I found that it would not connect to itunes or turn on. I tried reseting my itouch by holding the home and power button for over a minute but to no prevail. I have also just let my itouch stay connected to my computer in hope something would happen.

Yesterday was hot outside, but not any hotter than the other hottest days this year. My only guess is that it is fried.

Any other suggestions to help revive my itouch? Thanks in advance for your help.

jonrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2011
If you can turn it on, it's most likely dead. If you can, make the jump to the 4th generation, it's well worth it. ;)

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
If you can turn it on, it's most likely dead. If you can, make the jump to the 4th generation, it's well worth it. ;)
He's right, I was a 2nd Gen user from day one. Until 4th Gen came out, it was a difference of night and day for me. There's so much more apps and features.

Take the plunge!!:cool:

G

GregUNL10

Original poster
Yeah, I knew the 2nd Gen was getting outdated when the new iOS's did not even include this generation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.