Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Showtime3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
good news: apple is going to replace it for free

bad news: i have to send apple back my bumper before they ship out my new one. meaning that i'll be bumper/case-less for a 1.5 weeks

photo-654.jpg

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Is this an Apple Store policy or an Apple Care policy?

Showtime3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Is this an Apple Store policy or an Apple Care policy?

apple store i guess. i just called them and told them what happen

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
Did you buy the bumper or get it free through the free case program? Just curious, just in case my bumper breaks.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
bad news: i have to send apple back my bumper before they ship out my new one. meaning that i'll be bumper/case-less for a 1.5 weeks
Whenever I take off my bumper, or more often, my 2 year old son gets a hold of it and takes it off, I'm amazed, all over again, at the design of the iP4. It's just beautiful.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
apple store i guess. i just called them and told them what happen

What I meant was, did you go into an Apple Store or did you call Apple Care?

If you called Apple Care, then you would have to send it in, but if you were to go into an Apple Store, I figured that they would just grab one off the shelf and do a swap that way (and not have to send it in).

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
The same thing happened to mine. I'm guessing it happened when I would take my phone out of my pocket all the time. What a dissapointment, I'll have to buy another. I'm thinking on getting a gren one now...

Showtime3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
What I meant was, did you go into an Apple Store or did you call Apple Care?

If you called Apple Care, then you would have to send it in, but if you were to go into an Apple Store, I figured that they would just grab one off the shelf and do a swap that way (and not have to send it in).

theres not an apple store around me, but im sure they would have just swapped them out.

i just called whatever phone number they had at apple.com and they delt with it

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
Whenever I take off my bumper, or more often, my 2 year old son gets a hold of it and takes it off, I'm amazed, all over again, at the design of the iP4. It's just beautiful.

This may sound stupid but every friday after a hard week at school I take off my case for the weekend because the design is amazing.

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
This may sound stupid but every friday after a hard week at school I take off my case for the weekend because the design is amazing.

Nope sounds fine to me.
Don't use a case, never have on any iPhone and certainly never will on the iP4 it just looks to good without.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.