Rip audio from a lecture recording program

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by JustOneQuickONe, Jan 21, 2012.

1. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

We use a program called Panopto at the University I go to in order to record lectures. This program records what is going on/what is being shown on the projector/computer screen as a video version of a screen shot (only way I can think to describe it) and records the audio along with it. Basically it's like being at lecture but you can't see the person talking, and you can pause, stop, rewind, etc. What I would like to do is find something that will allow me to pull the audio off of this program in order to convert it into a podcast version so I can listen to it in the car or where ever, and at a faster rate. The program is accessed through a website, with a specific URL and everything for each lecture. Is there any program that will allow me to quickly rip the audio directly off the program/site?

I had a route figured out before, but it only works if there is a video recording that pops up with it (sometimes the rooms have cameras and they record the lecturer, then on the program you see the lecturer in one portion of the screen and whats is being presented on the computer screen on the other portion). However, the lectures this semester are not in a room equipped with cameras so I need a work around.

2. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

This is what you need: http://cycling74.com/soundflower-landing-page/

Soundflower lets you route your audio. You can set it up so your system audio will get recorded. Read a few tutorials, and PM me if you need more help!

3. JustOneQuickONe thread starter macrumors 6502

Ill have to look into this, thanks! I'm not sure if it will work, the "program" being used is essentially a website to us who don't have access to making the actual media. There aren't many options for it, where it would allow me send audio to this program or use it as a device. But I'll do some poking around and see what happens.

4. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

Soundflower lets you route anything you hear into an input for recording, so it should theoretically work!