rip audio from youtube

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bobbytomorow, Mar 24, 2010.

1. bobbytomorow macrumors 6502

bobbytomorow

Is there an app or browser plug-in that allows to rip audio from youtube videos for playback later in itunes? I would like to rip a few tutorials, vlogs and user created remix's, basically stuff I can't get anywhere else and that I do not need the video for.

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

3. bobbytomorow thread starter macrumors 6502

bobbytomorow

Looks pretty sweet I will certainly give that a go

TY :)

4. Hmac macrumors 68020

Wiretap Studio...Ambrosia Software. Lossless capture/editing of any audio that comes out of your computer from any source.

5. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

I use a combination of Soundflower, a free audio-routing app, and Sound Studio 3, a full-featured audio program that I got as part of a MacUpdate or MacHeist promo a year or so ago.

It came in handy the other night; I had purchased a used CD, and my iMac couldn't get past a scratch across the last track. I found a site that was streaming the track, routed Safari's output into Soundflower, routed out to Sound Studio and recorded it there.

I'm surprised more people don't do this, frankly. It's a relatively easy way to get a free song or two without the dangers of P2P/torrents, if you're willing to take the time to listen to the whole track as it records. Since I grew up in the heydays of the cassette, this is second nature to me.

Yes, that last sentence dates me. So get off my lawn! :p