Rip BlueRay Movie Discs on a Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacMan250, Oct 28, 2009.

1. MacMan250 macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,

I’m in the process of setting up a Mac Media Centre and need some help with HD content.

I have used Handbrake to rip all of my legally purchased DVDs and stored them on a server, now I would like to do the same with my BlueRay discs.

For reference: My countries law states that a person can make up to sever copies of a legally purchased disc for private use like play in the car or for backup purposes.

My Questions:

#1 Does anybody know of a program like Handbrake to rip BlueRay Discs on a Mac?
    #2 Has anybody used the Windows program “AnyDVD HD” to rip the BR discs and than played it on a Mac (in FrontRow or Quicktime)?
    #3 Has anybody used a Component PCI-X hardware import card to capture analog HD video (like PCI-X card “Intensity Pro” from Blackmagic)?
    (Option #3 is based on a Stand alone BlueRay player with component output inorder to bypass the copyprotection, a MacPro with the Intensity Pro card installed and Final cut pro to capture and save the movie as a Quicktime file. My main concern with this option is the quality and audio/video sync., the resulting file size of up to 40GB is secondary.

Thanks

Sascha

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....a quick and simple search of the forums yields this thread about ripping blu-ray which should answer at least some of your questions....oh yeah!