Rip Dj Am :( <3

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Prof., Aug 28, 2009.

1. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

DJ AM Dies

This quote was taken from TMZ:

I think what's so crazy is that he almost died last fall in a plane crash.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

While I have respect for the deceased I have to say that honestly, you survive a plane crash and then you piss away your second chance. Nice one.
    I feel bad for those he left behind, namely Mandy Moore.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Certainly makes you wonder.

4. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

5. morgothaod macrumors regular

6. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

R.I.P. He is one of my fave DJ's. Although it's kinda bull of him to survive a plane crash.. and then OD. WTF. Or is the Final Destination myth coming true? Hmm... Will Travis Barker die too? :rolleyes:

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If it was caused by narcotic abuse, well good riddance.

8. yoppie macrumors 6502a

Just curious. Why Mandy Moore? Isn't she married to someone else?

9. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

just curious. who is mandy moore?

10. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

ROFL. What an idiot. Pisses his second life away on drugs. Guess he never did recover from his addiction and didn't seek help after feeling guilty he survived that plane crash. Another B-list gone!

http://tinyurl.com/lbgtwu :)

11. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

You beat me to it :p

12. andrewsd macrumors 6502

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

14. theemptycanvas macrumors newbie

To all of you calling DJ AM an idiot. I think it's a very shallow and inconsiderate thing to say. Aside from AM surviving a plane crash, where everyone died except travis. He struggled with huge image problems (obesity), along with childhood abuse. If you read this http://www.glamour.com/magazine/2008/01/dj-am you can tell that is way more to his story.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

We had a moment of silence at the Blink 182 concert last night and they were choked up for a while.

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

The loss of any life is a tragedy IMO. Yes this guy absolutely just blew away a SECOND chance at life, but clearly there were some issues if money, fame, and beautiful women still left him seeking more.

I do find it disgusting that celebrities get so much coverage when anything happens, but still a loss of life is a sad thing.

17. madoka macrumors 6502

madoka

"There was no reason why I should have lived or that I lived and they didn't," he told MonstersandCritics.com after the panel. "It is something I struggle with every day, just kind of wondering. But I have realized I am never going to know. I am alive. I am here. I have another chance. So I have to do something better with my life this time."

What he was ironically planning was a reality show on beating addiction:

Goldstein told MTV News that he easily related to the youths featured on the show. "I speak addict," he said. "I am one, and they, for the first time, they see someone who's sober, who made it out."

18. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I agree calling him an idiot is a bit inconsiderate and rude but a lot of people on drugs have a story. He doesn't get a pass just because he's a celeb with issues. A druggie is a druggie is a druggie.

At any rate, I hope he's finally at peace.

19. theemptycanvas macrumors newbie

Since I didn't know DJ AM personally, I only met him twice, once at Coachella and the other at a Ed Banger Records label. He seemed to be a pretty nice guy, but we all put on a mask from our personal problems.

The reason why I am defending him in the first place is that I used to have a stimulant problem and had various friend's and family that died from various drug OD's. To say that he had it all, doesn't really mean much. Growing up in Malibu, I had the notion those that had who money were happy. Yes, I did meet a lot of people who were happy, but I also met a countless number of people who got that happiness from using drugs (coke/benzos for the most part).

After high school, the reality of college and being independent caved in for a lot of my close friends, soon they were abusing drugs more and were in and out of rehab. But that's not my main point, because who I feel really sorry for most are people who can't control their drug addiction, whether it be someone who is rich or in poverty.

In the case of DJ AM, I never knew he even had a drug problem in the past but the reality of drug addiction is that if you go sober there is always the chance of relapse and my only speculation is that he either did just that or maybe something else?

20. gothiquegirrl macrumors regular

gothiquegirrl

I might have cared if I had know who the hell this was??

I enjoyed the slide show of all the actual celebrities who passed away this year. It was a trip down memory lane..

21. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Agree. RIP DJ AM. Too bad you had to piss away your second chance, hope it's worth it though