Rip music DVD?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nermal, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hi,

I have an album on DVD and I'd like to get it into iTunes. However, it's not cooperating with MacTheRipper or HandBrake. The music appears to be setting in the "menu" section of the DVD, which I can rip as a single VOB but then I don't know how to cut it up into the individual songs.

I'm being a bit vague here, but I'm not really sure what to say (I've never run into a DVD like this before). Is there a tool that can break a VOB up into "chunks"?

2. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I asked a friend this same question and he suggested DVD Shrink (a free app for Windows). It was able to successfully split up the tracks, so problem (eventually) solved :)

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

Wirelessly posted (nokia e63: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE63-1/100.21.110; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

have you checked the chapter section in handbrake? That normally successfully reads the different parts, and assuming that the dvds chapters are set up to each song, you should be able to do it....

4. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

HandBrake doesn't appear to touch the menu tracks; it only shows the bonus videos and not the songs themselves.

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

blast. the only other way i can think of is doing it manually with QT7 or Audacity or GarageBand something and cutting each song and exporting. :(

6. pooryou macrumors 65816

I would love to rip my extensive music DVD collection as videos into an iTunes library on a Mac Mini but I have yet to find a hassle free way to do it....

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

deadling with optical media ther will never be an easy way im afraid :(