rip TV show DVDs w/ commentary and "extras"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CrossFireXT17, Sep 4, 2008.

1. CrossFireXT17 macrumors member

Hey everyone I'm looking at ripping TV show DVDs, also rip the commentary tracks, and also all the extras from the DVDs as well. I just want to keep my DVDs safe and secure at home because I travel a lot, and don't want to bring DVDs around everywhere

Is it easier to rip each piece individually? Or should I just rip a giant disk image? I can do mac and windows, but hoping to do so on my mac!

Thanks everone!

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

There's a great program I use for exactly the same thing. Check out "Drive-in" by Flip 4 Mac. I'm using it (and a 1TB hard drive) to store digital copies of my DVD's so I don't have DVD cases cluttering up my condo. :)

3. davidleon macrumors member

For complete backups: MacTheRipper on Macs, and AnyDVD on Windows

4. bibi macrumors newbie

about Drive-in Limitations and how to overcome them

Hello: If I use Drive-in and then use Mac the Ripper, will it give me a DMR-free solution? It seems that the only way to encode my movies to my iTouch is to get them DMR-free. Thanks:D

5. davidleon macrumors member

MacTheRipper will rip a decrypted exact copy of a DVD to your hard drive. You can then encode the movie into an iTouch-compatible format with VisualHub or ffmpegX.

6. bibi macrumors newbie

Thank you . I think I will use it instead of DRive-in. Bibi