Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
No, you weren't "ripped off"... your phone used data you weren't expecting and it caused you to go over.

Please explain how anyone "ripped" you off? Did AT&T secretly download Angry Birds over and over and again over LTE without your consent? Did they send you 35,437 emails about the great offers on the Android crap they sell at the AT&T store forcing you to open and download every one?

Nope. You didn't monitor your usuage, and you went over the limit. Causing your bill to increase because of your actions.

It isn't everyone else's fault, and no one "ripped" you off.

Take some responsibility and be more careful next time. Millions of users manage to do it (and some pretty dumb ones I know personally), so I am 100% confident in saying: YOU CAN TOO :p

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Also you may want to try a data usage App such as the one that I use. I used to be an AT&T customer and I know how picky they could be with their data. Now I'm on tmobile's 2.5GB plan for which I am handling quite well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366768477.077344.jpg

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
They will believe the app over their own system. If you're covered by wifi most of your life, 300 mb should be fine for a normal user.

300MB is literally 2-3 speed tests using Speedtest.net app. 300MB is nothing, especially with LTE.

Also you may want to try a data usage App such as the one that I use. I used to be an AT&T customer and I know how picky they could be with their data. Now I'm on tmobile's 2.5GB plan for which I am handling quite well.
View attachment 409282

I've been using this app since I had the iPhone 3G. Even though I was on unlimited I used it jus to see how accurate AT&T is. Turns out to be 99% accurate. At the end of a month, its never no more than 25MB off.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Hi, how many of you or those you know with ATT have experienced unexpected overage on your data plan and been charged???

For me, I've had the iphone5 for 6 months, and today I get a text and email that I have gone over the 300 mb allotted. This is the second time in six months, I am a light 4g user. The first time I just paid. But this time they are showing that I was at 173 mb on the 14th of March. My billing cycle ends on the 16th. And they are saying that I have now magically reached 304 mb as of today.

So I was averaging about 6 mb a day over a near month coming to the 173 mb. Then magically used nearly 130 mb in one day.....

Anyone else...? Please chime in.....

I need help, but what I plan to do is drop ATT, pay whatever fine I need to end the contract and move on to another provider. I will also be calling Apple.

I am frickin pissed and ready to say goodbye to my iphone and look for other solutions for phone services.

Please chime in if you have experienced the same or similar. Thank you.

You go over the data YOU have set for yourself and you're mad at AT&T? Ummmmm yeah.....Ok. Oh and why are you going to call apple?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.