Ripping 2 min section of dvd, want highest quality, help!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jkstum, Jul 3, 2010.

1. jkstum macrumors newbie

I recently bought an iMac few months ago and am moving from Windows to the Mac world. I'm learning, slowly.

So here's my question. I bought some DVD ripping software for mac. It allows me to rip dvds or simply copy them. I want to take off a 2 min clip from a DVD but in the highest quality possible and then want to import it to iMovie.

I've attached a screen shot of the file types I can export the DVD content into in the wondershare DVD ripping software I bought. After selecting each type it allows me to manage the video and audio codecs for the rip.

If size is NOT an issue what is the best format for ripping. I'd like to import the file into iMovie 9 as well and then 'cut' edit it etc. Any advise, feedback or suggestions would be really helpful. I've tried .mp4 with the h.264 and audio at aac 128 and it video is crappy in terms of being clear. Help!

See attached screen shots. Thanks guys, Justin

Attached Files:

2. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

3. KeithPratt macrumors 6502a

Apple Intermediate Codec would be better than DV, but looking at the list I suspect it isn't an option. MPEG Streamclip would allow it but you'd need to fork out more money for the MPEG-2 Playback Component.