Ripping a dvd's extra features?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Narcosynthesis, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Narcosynthesis macrumors member

I am currently using Handbrake to rip dvds to my computer so they can be watched without the disc. So far so good, I can easily rip movies and tv shows, but when it comes to the dvd extras, nothing seems to appear in Handbrake...

With most films the extras are not really important, but there are some dvd's that have some cool extras or alternatives - I Am Legend for example has a few extra short animations that I would like to be able to watch on the computer too.

Is there any way to rip these as well as the film? I don't really care about the menu setups and so on as I do realise that is beyond the scope of a simple video file, but it would be nice to have some of the extra films as a separate video file to watch.

Possible?

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

When you first open the DVD in handbrake and it shows scanning all the titles, at the top there should be a drop down menu with different times on it. The shorter times are usually the extras, and other stuff. Not sure how to tell what is what, but they are usually there. It by default selects the longest title that it finds because that is usually the actual movie.

Hope that helps,

Brian