Ripping DVD for ipod--MTR works, Handbrake does not

Discussion in 'iPod' started by zwooon, Mar 6, 2008.

1. zwooon macrumors newbie

Accomplished this step:
    "Once extraction is complete, you can then quit MactheRipper and eject the DVD."

Then I launched Handbrake. Did NOT get a dialog box in which instructions say "select DVD Folder / Image. Click Browse. Select the folder that MacTheRipper created (this will be named "[something] Main Feature"), and click Open."

I've attached the Handbrake window that did appear. It was not functional.

Using Mac OS X 10.4, QT 7.4.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

I have the exact same problem. Luckily I have a Macbook that can rip DVDs, but my iMac is my machine and does the same thing as you are describing. I'm interested in hearing a solution also. Yet, I'm not sure if you also tried inserting the disc, quitting DVD player, and then ripping directly from the DVD rather than an image. This is what I tried, and it did not work.

3. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Click the "Source" button on the top left and you'll get the window to select the directory you ripped to that you want to convert.

4. zwooon thread starter macrumors newbie

I used MTR to rip an actual DVD (that I own). As far as I can find it produced a folder with Video TS, Audio TS. Is that what should happen?

Clicking "Source" doesn't do anything at all.

Any other suggestions?

5. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Yes, that's exactly what you want. The CSS and Macrovision has been removed, and you have the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directory, which is the actual files from the DVD.

So when you click "Source" you don't get the dialog to select a directory?

6. zwooon thread starter macrumors newbie

The buttons Queue, Activity, Toggle ARE active but clicking on the Source button does nothing at all.

what do you think?

7. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

I think you should make sure you're running the latest version and reinstall the App. If when you open HandBrake it doesn't prompt for a source directory and the Source button isn't working, something is very wrong....