Ripping DVD's at iTunes Store Quality w/ Handbrake?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kardashian, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I would like to rip the first season of my Supernatural DVD's, using Handbrake. Since I have already purchased Season 2 off the iTunes Store, and am happy with the quality, I was wondering if someone could provide me with a step-by-step instruction, or with the correct settings, to use when ripping the first season of DVD's.

Thanks in advance guys :)

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I have no videos off iTunes, but have you tried opening the file up in Quicktime and getting the info on it (bitrate, resolution etc) and ripping a DVD at the exact same spec?

3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

That's an idea! There's an option confusing me.. which is how many MB I want the file to be.. should I just set that to the size of the largest episode of Supernatural, which I already have courtesy of the iTunes Store?

Thanks again :)

4. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Don't even bother with the Target size option, just use the Average bitrate box. I use the HB-iPod preset, which sets everything to the maximum quality playable on an iPod with video. All current iTunes Store videos are playable on iPod, so the preset should give comparable quality.