ripping DVDs to itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KMC1993, Jun 26, 2012.

1. KMC1993 macrumors newbie

I am currently ripping my entire DVD collection to iTunes using handbrake.
    Is there any software available that will find the cover art, information etc. I know you can copy and paste it in but if there is anything available that will give all the info you would get if you bought the movie directly from iTunes it would be very useful.

2. chrysrobyn macrumors member

MetaX may be what you're looking for. From experience with the version I have downloaded (which may be old), be very mindful of the 64 vs 32 bit option you selected in Handbrake when using MetaX settings. If you get the wrong one, you can corrupt your file -- no video only audio. MetaX lets you keep your original file, so you can do that for the first half dozen until you're confident in your settings.

3. netslacker macrumors 6502

I use iDentify. There's a version in the MAS for 9.99 or there's a free version from the developer's website that has a few less features than the paid version. I've found the free version adequate for my needs and I've used the program to tag several hundred movies/recorded tv shows. Works like a champ.

I've used MetaX in the past but it just kept crashing under Lion (it also hasn't been updated in a long time). iDentify has great support and they release frequent fixes/updates.

4. KMC1993 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Rmafive macrumors 6502

I personally love iFlicks. I have tried all of the competition (metax, etc) and I feel that iFlicks is the best of them all. It's also available in the Mac App Store!