Ripping DVD's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by scb02, Oct 1, 2008.

1. scb02 macrumors regular

Theres a few pieces of software i have and they got no cases and getting a bit scratched, so i want to be able to copy an image of the disc and then insert a blank DVD and burn the image on so i can throw away the scratched copy and then keep the fresh new copy and this time keep my discs in cases lol!

Is there any software that does this?

Preferably freeware!!

Thanks
    Simon

2. sourgreenapple macrumors newbie

I wish i had an answer for you but i am too stupid to know of any application that does this. I need this really bad too. I take pretty good care of my disks and stuff but people are always in my room messing with my stuff and moving things around and b4 i know it a disk is cracked or horribly scratched. It would be nice to be able to make back ups and hide them so i dont have to cry when a disk gets used as a frisbee next time kids are in my room. Ill look around and get back to this post. And ya.....Im broke so freeware would be nice.

3. scb02 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah would be a great idea! Not only that though i have an external JD i can save it all on so there's a digital copy then if i need it i can put HD in and burn a copy

4. Diabeetus macrumors member

you just might be able to do that with disk utility. if i'm wrong, you can use a dvd ripper like Handbrake

if disk utility can make a dmg of that dvd, you could rip and burn it just with that

5. scb02 thread starter macrumors regular

Tried handbrake, and im new to mac stuff how do i use disc utility?

I got the macbook second hand you see and the Leopard disc was already ruined but he reinstalled it for me just before i got it, but i re-install quote often when things are backed up just keeps things clean and faster so need to copy Leopard, Toast mainly!

6. FireArse macrumors 6502a

hhmmm

...are you guys talking about SuperDuper!:

SuperDuper!

FireArse

7. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Rip it with SuperDuper and burn it with Toast...