Ripping Flash Video from Website???

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jayeskreezy, Jun 2, 2008.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

How do I rip flash video from a random site with flash video? My family was on the news this weekend and I've been looking for programs, but I haven't had any success. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I tried looking for something in Safari and Firefox. Please help.

Heres the link

if there's a free program I can use that'd be nice too! I checked other threads in this forum, but I couldn't find anything specific. THanks.

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

you can usually open activity monitor under the window menu and the download window, in activity there will be a flv file (the biggest) and probably growning - i.e. "2.5 of 4MB" if you highlight it and copy, then in the download windows paste, unless its protected or something, firefox has extentions that allow you to just click an icon to download a flash vid.

3. antdfsc macrumors member

antdfsc

firefox has a plug in called download helper, its this little balloon type icon that lives next to your navigation bar. When there is a flash video playing on a page it activates and you can select it to download. I have used it with youtube and its super easy. Also check out Perian plug-in for quicktime so you can convert the flash videos to something more usable in the future.

4. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks! that plug-in worked and was very useful...do I need to have quicktime pro to convert it?

5. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

6. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Uh, how about just clicking that big button labeled DOWNLOAD that right above the video.

EDIT: nevermind, it doesn't actually let you download the video there.

7. G4DP macrumors 65816

SnapX Pro is a good little app. The trial is free and fully functioning. Just google for it. I have used it in a long time but recording video is easy.

8. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

iSquint handles flv's pretty well. Though the export options are very limited.

I use iSquint as a first-step converting program. It handles almost any format and converts it to a quicktime movie I can work with in Final Cut, iMovie, iTunes, etc.