ripping live free or die hard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cuestakid, Dec 14, 2007.

1. cuestakid macrumors 68000

So I was wondering if anyone who has bought this movie had any luck in being able to somehow copy the movie to their HD-I ask because while they did release dvd version that inlcudes a copy that can be transfered to your computer it only works for windows so I would like to know if it is even possible to get it copied on a mac. I would really like to get this movie but if i can't transfer it to my machine or my ipod for that matter then I don't want it.

I hope that I am not breaking any rules here as I am asking about doing something with a purchased copy of the movie-I have seen several other people asking for help with handbrake so I am assuming that this is ok to post

2. TheStu macrumors 65816

Generally you can't go wrong with Handbrake. And should there be some copy protection, then you can use MacTheRipper to cut through that.

3. cuestakid thread starter macrumors 68000

i know that handbrake and or mac the ripper can. My concern is that some more recent movies (ratatouille for example) won't rip and I have a feeling that this movie may have difficulties copying-so if anyone here who has bought it could either chime in whether they were able to rip it or not that would be great