Ripping Season Episodes from DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by monkeystuner, Oct 7, 2008.

1. monkeystuner macrumors newbie

I use handbrake to rip DVDs for use on my ipod and recently I found myself purchasing LOTS of complete seasons of tv shows on DVD and I want to rip them onto my computer. Is there any way of automating the process of ripping say 4 or 5 different episodes from a season disc instead of ripping one at a time. I just want to put a DVD in, confirm a few options and let the computer just go at it until it is finished. I would prefer not one continuous stream that I have to break up into individual episodes.

Dave

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I used Mac The Ripper as my ripping programme, and converted to .avis or whatever with Handbrake.

The useful feature you could use in Handbrake, is "add to queue".
    It's a batch processing helper, you can select a title from the DVD (an episode), configure the settings (and save them, if you haven't), give it a name and a place to save, then add to queue .
    Then select the next title (next episode), change the name, add to queue. And so forth.

After you have done all the episodes, just press the start button.
    Then the queue will be processed one after one.

3. doobi18 macrumors 6502

Handbrake. The only way.

Queue the episodes then hit start, the episodes will rip straight off the DVD into any format you choose.

EG select "iPod/iPhone" presets in drawer for perfect files that you can just drop into iTunes!

doobs

4. fragos macrumors newbie

mac the ripper

I had just install mac the ripper and having trouble to se the movies
    I have about 100 dvd that i purchase on the las 5 years and keep loosing the dvd' or scratch the disc
    it seen that the program does copy the disk but once is completed it doesn't let me see the movie I need some guides so I can save my movies on my hard-drive

5. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

so you can queue the episodes straight from the source disk without using MTR? i've got to try this.

6. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

I use 4Media DVD Ripper, which allows you to check off which parts of the disc you want to burn, and that's all you have to do. Just let it sit and do its job (which is great lol).

7. mdgolom macrumors 6502

Use Google and look for an application called "Instant Handbrake". It allows you to select multiple chapters (episodes) and convert them for the iPod. I use it all of the time for ripping TV shows on DVD and works great.