Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dx052

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
London
Is there a program that does this. I am trying to save video,s from the web from websites so I can view at lesiure. There,s some really good video,s from the BBC which I would like to save. They look like there are played via Media Player, anyway would be nice to know for future reference..

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
If you open the Activity window in Safari (Cmd+Alt+A), it lists the files associated with the website you're viewing. Most times you can spot the video file by looking at the file size - Vids on Youtube etc download in flv format which you can easily convert using VisualHub etc. I've never had much success with BBC though, it seems the videos aren't directly linked on the site, although I'd love to hear from anyone who's managed it.

timestoby

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2007
north devon,uk
you could get ishowu and record that bit of video and it wont lag or anything.plus it has a range of settings,hd even. on pc i used camstasia,but that was for pc lol

i.shaun

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2008
Canada
I use Snapz Pro X for videos I cannot directly download/extract.

most sites seem to work with activity window, but certain ones don't, and I'm not sure how to access those videos for download.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.