Ripping Streams & Website Video,s

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dx052, Nov 13, 2008.

1. dx052 macrumors member

Is there a program that does this. I am trying to save video,s from the web from websites so I can view at lesiure. There,s some really good video,s from the BBC which I would like to save. They look like there are played via Media Player, anyway would be nice to know for future reference..

2. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

If you open the Activity window in Safari (Cmd+Alt+A), it lists the files associated with the website you're viewing. Most times you can spot the video file by looking at the file size - Vids on Youtube etc download in flv format which you can easily convert using VisualHub etc. I've never had much success with BBC though, it seems the videos aren't directly linked on the site, although I'd love to hear from anyone who's managed it.

3. timestoby macrumors 6502

you could get ishowu and record that bit of video and it wont lag or anything.plus it has a range of settings,hd even. on pc i used camstasia,but that was for pc lol

4. dx052 thread starter macrumors member

5. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

I use Snapz Pro X for videos I cannot directly download/extract.

most sites seem to work with activity window, but certain ones don't, and I'm not sure how to access those videos for download.