ripping video clips from DVD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sbeckerdesign, Jul 3, 2008.

1. sbeckerdesign macrumors newbie

trying to rip video clips from DVD but can't find TS video folder. The DVD was burned from a VS tape, once in Video mode and once in VR mode. Neither show the folders I need to rip from. The DVD plays fine with the DVD player.
    When I tried using aimersoft or mac the ripper, they can't find the folder I need.

2. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

What did you use to burn the DVD?

If you converted from a VHS tape to DVD, you won't need MTR as there should be no copy protection.

Does the DVD mount on the desktop?

3. sbeckerdesign thread starter macrumors newbie

I used a sony RDR VX535 Video recorder. The disk does mount on desktop. If I save DVD in VR mode it mounts with a DVD icon and wont even play on the MBpro, but if I record Video mode it shows as a folder on desktop [with a small red circle with minus sign in bottom right hand corner]. These I can play on the MBpro but when I open the folder it is empty. Thank you for your time on this!!!!!

4. sbeckerdesign thread starter macrumors newbie

the video folder says DVD_RTAV when I click on the DVD icon on desktop, but when I click on that it is empty

5. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

You better read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-VR

According to this, there is no VideoTS folder, but another format being used.

From the Article:

6. cwaniak36 macrumors newbie

Try to rip it using " DVDxDV " it should work.