Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
I don't think you can slow down the ripple affect.... But if you hold down the shift key while you drag a widget on the the screen it will change from the icon to the widget in slow motion.
Same goes if you hold down the shift key and hit the x/close button.
And if you hold shift while you open or close dashboard. :)

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
the shift thing is awesome!

isn't there a Terminal thing i can do in there to adjust it? i know there's terminal stuff to adjust the speed of other things like the alert messages that pop outta big windows.

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
There might be some terminal command to slow it down.
Im not sure what though.
It wouldn't be worth your time.

Use a screen shot utility that can capture video (like Snapz Pro), to capture a video of rippling widgets.
Then use iMovie to slow it down. Or QuickTime to scrub through each individual frame!

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
Lacreo said:
There might be some terminal command to slow it down.
Im not sure what though.
It wouldn't be worth your time.

Use a screen shot utility that can capture video (like Snapz Pro), to capture a video of rippling widgets.
Then use iMovie to slow it down. Or QuickTime to scrub through each individual frame!

trust me... i have time. :(

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
sam10685 said:
trust me... i have time. :(
Well OK....
You would have to somehow find out what variable the ripple speed is stored under. Then change it. I don't know what it is or how you would find out.

Or you could open a bunch of processor intensive application. That would slow the ripple down! :cool:

Just out of curiosity, why are you so desperate to slow down the ripple effect.

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2003
the shift thing works with all your exposé functions and the minimize-to-dock genie or scale effect. great for showing off to windows users.

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
Lacreo said:
Well OK....
You would have to somehow find out what variable the ripple speed is stored under. Then change it. I don't know what it is or how you would find out.

Or you could open a bunch of processor intensive application. That would slow the ripple down! :cool:

Just out of curiosity, why are you so desperate to slow down the ripple effect.

i like "eye candy"... that would look awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.