Ripples and waves when scrolling in Safari - Any solution?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ryanrul, Jul 15, 2008.

1. ryanrul macrumors member

When i scroll in safari the contents in the window become slightly distorted creating a ripple or wave like effect in the middle of the page.

I've read several reports from as much as a year and half ago about this issue, but haven't been able to find out whether its been resolved. Apple has a support doc from 2007 that describes the problem but offers no solution: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86823

I'm running 10.5.2 ... and i've only seen the problem on macbook pros, but the apple support doc implies that it's an os x issue with ATI video cards.

Does 10.5.4 fix the problem?
    Has any solution been found?

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I used to have that problem when running solely on battery power. Since I updated to 10.5.4 it has never happened.

3. ryanrul thread starter macrumors member

Interesting.
    Whether i'm on battery or plugged in makes no difference. The ripples are always there.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

4. rstorm macrumors regular

I did encounter in both 10.5.2-3 but not so far on 10.5.4 either on battery or ac.

5. ryanrul thread starter macrumors member

great news.
    I might make the jump to 5.4 now.

(i was sticking with 10.5.2 because it ran much cooler than 10.5.3 on the several MBPs i've had.)

6. fishcove Guest

I see it consistently on my 24" iMac 2.8GHz with NVIDIA 8800.

7. ryanrul thread starter macrumors member

What version of OS X are you running?

8. Taccano macrumors newbie

I have sometimes similar symptoms with my Late 08 Mpb. Firstly I saw it in Open Office. I thought that it was a software issue as I didn't have the problem with other apps. Recently I got it in Safari. Odd enough not in all pages. But in one tab of yahoo's main page. Oddly enough I got the problem only in yahoo's pages. I was connected with airport to a cafe's open connection. Might that be a problem? Becasue with ethernet connection the yahoo page seems alright.