Risk Shipping Release?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsnmao, Jun 22, 2010.

1. jsnmao macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

My brother should be home during the day tomorrow, but in the slight chance that he is still sleeping when fedex comes should i tell use a shipping release and have them leave it in a planter or something? That being said i was wondering if anyone knew the following.

1) Will they still ring your doorbell even if a Shipping release is on the door
    2) Will they spend the normal time trying to ring and wait there (especially if i put under my shipping release, please ring doorbell)
    3) What happens if the driver himself lacks integrity and steals the phone? they have your shipping release and you have no proof.

- Jason

2. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

All your questions are dependent on the driver in question. No one can answer these questions. If they do they are just giving you false hope.

3. jsnmao thread starter macrumors newbie

So in would you recommend not using a shipping release and just hoping my brother answers the door?

4. iLisa777 macrumors member

I signed the release for DH's iPad and it was left exactly where I asked for it to be. Of course, as mentioned previously, it all depends on the integrity of the driver.

5. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

jsnmao - is your last initial m? my name is jason too! Jason M, in fact! we're twins!

/hijack

(just thought maybe so since your forum name has jumbled letters for jason m)

6. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

I used a shipping release for a shipment of 2 Macbooks once. I wrote on the note for the driver to leave the package at the backdoor. When I came home(around 9pm) the shipping release was gone and there was nothing by the backdoor. I was panicing and called FedEx and the rep was super helpful and told me she would call the driver's supervisor and have him call me back. 5 minutes later the driver himself called me back, he was surely off the clock also!, he told me he left the packages behind the side gate and sure enough there they were. I think most drivers would not want to risk his $50,000+ a year job over a $700 at most iPhone, In my case even for 2 over $2,000 laptops!

7. Syk macrumors 6502a

It's up to you and how comfortable you are with your neighborhood

I rather not risk leaving the form. It's summer time, kids out of school, see big FedEx truck leave box and I'm pretty sure kids(teens) on the net with twitter,facebook, myspace know FedEx is dropping off iPhones tomorrow. I rather them attempt delivery and then I can call and tell them to leave it at the terminal and I pick it up or let them try again the next day if I know I'm going to be home.

I'm not worried about the driver as I am someone else

8. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

or tell your lazy ass brother to wake the **** up and listen for the doorbell!

9. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23