Risks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adamman41, Oct 11, 2007.

1. adamman41 macrumors regular

I am about to use the windows version to jailbreak my ipod, i am not very good with this techincal ipod and computer stuff, so if i try to do it is there any risk in completely ruining my ipod, will it work with future apple updates, will it still sync with itunes and not take away all the apps? What do you suggest I do? What does the whole restoring do and mean?

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

If you know how to read, and can type very well your fine.

3. BoTGoD macrumors newbie

I 'bricked' my ipod the first time i tried it, when i say bricked, i dont mean totally screwed it up, I mean it wouldnt turn on/i couldnt use it.

If the same thing happens to you just hold sleep/home button for 25 seconds, it'll reset your ip and the itunes logo will appear on it, then just restore it with itunes and your back to square 1.

No real worry about bricking it :)

4. Sir. Cheesecake macrumors member

If you know how to use a terminal and/or command prompt depending on your OS you should do ok. Main risk is a ipod only good for internet and not music if you screw up somewhere.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

That is an un-answerable question. Unless someone can see into the future and see all updates that Apple will release how can they tell you that it'll work. My guess would be: no Apple will use updates to block this functionality.

6. adamman41 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm using windows, so should i wait for this GUI (whatever that means, i think it means where it all like does it automatically, lol) thing that people r saying will be out in a few days or should i go ahead and try this out, is it fairly easy to do and 100 percent works?

7. adamman41 thread starter macrumors regular

is there a way to get rid of the apps once u have them on in case u want the apple updates?

8. eudoxuz macrumors newbie

I havent try to jailbreak mine. I'm also waiting for th GUI. but FYI GUI is not an automatic. it stands for Graphical User Interface which means you can see the picture of how its done step by step, which will help a lot.