Rivet now only $5.00 -- Stream media to ps3 xbox iPhone (iPad coming)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TSX, Jun 12, 2010.

1. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

http://thelittleappfactory.com/rivet/

Rivet streams media (movies,music,photos) from your mac to your ps3,xbox, and now iphone. (iPad coming soon)

I haven't tried streaming to my iPhone yet (it requires 3.1.3) im on 3.1.2.
    This app works great, i like that im able to watch all my movies on my mac, on my TV.

coupon:THANKYOU25 for 25% off $5.00

Rivet allows you to access your digital life on your Xbox 360, PS3, and iPhone.

Media streaming:
    Your movies, songs and photos on your Mac are now instantly accessible from your Xbox 360, PS3, or iPhone.

iLife integration:
    Rivet delves into your iTunes, iPhoto and Aperture libraries to make setup quick and simple.

Organize your media:
    Shared folders and subfolders are replicated exactly; no more flat lists!

Automatic mirroring:
    Any changes you make on your Mac are instantly visible and accessible on your console or phone.

2. rmanke macrumors newbie

The information on the software is a bit vague.

The iPad app info says it requires Snow Leopoard, and the download page for Rivet for the Mac says it requires Leopard.

Also, there is no mention as to whether or not the software on the iPad needs to convert the files to play them on the iPad, or if the software has the native ability to play AVI or DIVX files...

3. brayhite macrumors 6502a

Rivet's now only $6.95 until July 1st, 2010. Can still use the THANKYOU25 code. Great deal.

4. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Hmmmm...kind of interesting. Is anyone using this and what do you think of it?

5. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I'm curious about this as well. I tried to use NullRiver but it was constantly crapping out for me.

6. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I haven't tried it for the iPhone/iPad, but have used it for streaming from my home Mac to the PS3 & 360; and it's the most reliable streaming server I've tried (and I've tried every Mac one I can find).

Streaming movies to PS3 isn't great, but I think that's more to a PS3 problem streaming movies via Wifi. The only other downside I noticed was it can take a loong time when you initially launch it for it to scan your movies & music & photos folders - and it doesn't appear to do this in a separate thread so it locks up until it's done. But once that's done, it's great unless/until you quit & relaunch it.

7. cbartonnh macrumors newbie

Rivet

I also had purchased NullRiver and it was nothing but trouble streaming to my PS3. The PS3 would get some sort of error and streaming would be down until restarting the null river app (sometimes 3-4 times in a one hour show).

I have not used Rivet for very long but so far so good. I have watched a couple movies with it from my 2GHz Core 2 Duo Mac Mini and have no complaints. I have also used it with my iPad and although it streams fine the iPad application seems to be lacking in controls such as variable fast forward and rewind (unless I'm missing something) but you can't really complain too much with Free.