Rivet uninstall???

X1Lightning

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 19, 2007
I downloaded Rivet to stream media to my xbox, but it dosent work for me, and i just want to uninstall it, but it dosent give me an option to get rid of it.

how would i go about removing this from my system???

dangson

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
On OSX, you can just drag a program into the trash to remove it. There will be some config files left over, but those don't take up much space (a few kilobytes).

If you want to remove those as well, there are uninstall apps out there such as AppCleaner and TrashMe. I recommend the former.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
toss it in the trash. if you want the .plist files gone you can use something along the lines of appzapper or other uninstallers to totally remove every little thing, but its hardly necessary.

X1Lightning

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 19, 2007
the problem i have is the application is not in my applications folder

its only up on the topbar by my airport status, it has a drop down menu from there but there is no uninstall.

TK007b

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
Had the same problem as you but managed to figure it out.

run app zapper (d/l it if you haven't got it) then copy your original Rivet installation file and paste somewhere. Now drag your original update file to app zapper and make sure you untick the reference to your copied file
The run app zapper. Now it will be all gone and you can reinstall to your pre - updated version ;-)

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2008
the problem i have is the application is not in my applications folder

its only up on the topbar by my airport status, it has a drop down menu from there but there is no uninstall.
I know it's been a while, but did you ever get this figured out?

Thanks.