rMacbook arrow keys

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zeemeerman2, Mar 9, 2015.

1. zeemeerman2 macrumors 6502

I like the new device, but I am a bit worried/concerned about the arrow keys.

In other Macs, the left and right arrow keys take up a half-height key height, but in this Mac, it takes up a full-height key height.

In other Macs, this means I can easily and blindly find the arrow keys, just by feeling where the gap is above the left/right arrow keys.

In this rMacbook, it seems this isn't the case.

There isn't a thread about this, so here you go. Am I too worried? Will all be fine in the end?

2. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I understand what you mean, however I think you'll simply get used to it. As with most devices you become accustomed to features and designs over time.

3. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

If Steve were still alive...

But seriously, this must have been a big deal internally, having full-size buttons covering everything vs. same-size arrow buttons and having the gaps. The first renewed keyboard goes for complete coverage, moving away from every other keyboard, so that's telling us something.

I don't think it'll be that big of a deal though. You can still feel the up/down arrows which are different than anything else in that area, and it's at the edge which you can feel as well. So you only have to position your fingers near the edge and there you go.