rMB Blackmagic disk speed test is low. Help me compare?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by OCDMacGeek, Mar 10, 2016.

1. OCDMacGeek macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

I just got my new rMB, the 12 inch MacBook 1.2 Ghz 512 GB SSD. I only have 160 GB free. I know that SSDs can slow down when they are overly full. But I was expecting a bit faster SSD speeds, more in line with my iMac and previous MBP with the latest SSDs. I am only getting about 463 MB/s write and 800 MB/s read. Can anyone else with a relatively full SSD share their speed test?
    [​IMG]

2. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

My 1.2 is down to 85Gb of free space, I haven't noticed any slowdowns in real world use. Once I complete this current project (heavy engineering) I will likely prune the rMB`s drive back to around 100Gb - 150Gb of free space. As for the benchmarks I wouldn't worry, unless your usage is being negatively impacted.

Q-6

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Those numbers are exactly how the rMB behaves. The Macbook does not have the same powerfull hardware of the most recent iMac and MBP models. Anandtech has more on it, if you look at their Macbook review.

4. OCDMacGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

Thanks. I can easily live with those disk speeds, I just somehow couldn't live with it if that was abnormal.

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

7. IowaLynn macrumors 6502a

IowaLynn

A lot of the new M.2 SSDs in laptops have 2x bus speed. Actually a wealth of info over on our own Mac Pro forum or Apple's but comes up short and fails to address real specs. Ars can be relied on for in-depth review of M.2 form factor.