rMB Camera - Really Bad Motion Blur

Greene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2015
Fort Worth
First off, let me say I love my 2015 rMB. The only issue I have with it is that the webcam is almost completely unusable.

It's not the 480p that gets me - it's the camera's inability to track motion at all.

It seems like the shutter speed gets really slow whenever lighting conditions aren't 100% ideal, with ideal being the bright white light of a 2004 era Apple store. Even the smallest motions of the head when video conferencing (over a local network) will blur the image terribly. Does anyone else have this issue? Any remedies? I really like the machine and it's still under warranty, so if this is an isolated issue I'd like to get it fixed.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
buy a laptop with a built-in webcam and a separate webcam? :D the poor quality webcam keeps me waiting for, hopefully, new mbp's...

Greene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2015
Fort Worth
buy a laptop with a built-in webcam and a separate webcam? :D the poor quality webcam keeps me waiting for, hopefully, new mbp's...
To be fair, I've seen the issue before on my current rMBP for work, but it's much, much rarer