rMB impressions 1.2/512 space gray.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by EnderTW, Apr 22, 2015.

1. EnderTW macrumors 6502

You all saw photos. This is an amazing computer, form factor is right on. I can't wait until they get the a pro version in this form factor.

So far I don't notice any problems. It is slightly slower visually than my retina mbp but that's expected. Overall the display is incredible, the keyboard is nice i love the way it clicks while i'm typing reminds me of the mechanical keyboard on my desktop.

Speakers are very loud.

Only issue I have is when i'm typing on my lap, because i'm typing a little hard the screen wobbles a bit. I mean it's expected on the keyboard, I can't expect it to mimic a 4 lb thinkpad.

Overall i can't wait to code some python on this. amazing job Apple.

2. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I agree with all that you said, though, honestly I haven't noticed much in the way of slow down even compared to my 13" rMBP. So far, for what I am doing on it... it rocks.

3. Maclee2010 macrumors member

I concur with a 1.1/256. Great little notebook. I am doing a lot of ksh scripting for AIX servers with it an no issues. I have a 1.3/BTO on order from Apple and sold my 2013 i5/rMBP. I have a well tuned 2008 MB that I use as a backup machine for work, etc and run my vm stuff with it to not overload this little dynamo, but all in all, this is the nicest, most enjoyable notebook I have ever used. CPU is very manageable, 8GB is just right memory wise and I have put the machine through the ringer this week with work, personal, research needs and have no regrets on unloading my 2013 rMBP for a cool $1,000....YMMV based on use and needs.