Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RUGGLES99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
Still in the process of setting g it up. But it updated right away to 10.5.5. screen looks great. Love the keyboard. This was bought NEW from Blutekusa on eBay for $1149 no tax, free shipping. It's a base gold. I got a very slick dongle with 2 usb 3.0 ports and type c charging port, a clear cover, and a slick looking case -- all from amazon -- for $50. So now it's not too different, except for the screen, from my 2014 vase 11" MBA. Will update with progress report. I had spent time at both the apple store and best buy playing with these since the introduction. besides the retina screen. I fell in love from the beginning with the keyboard. I'n a VERY fast two finger types, so its perfect and I love the tactile feel. Later.

Reactions: Jetcat3

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
This was bought NEW from Blutekusa on eBay for $1149 no tax, free shipping.

Awesome! I had actually bought one at Frys.. cause I really wanted to see if I would actually be into it. I would have went to the Apple Store to test the keyboard out & put the rMB through it's paces.

But Frys is closer. They didn't have none on display... but sales person said you can buy it & always bring it back. I ended up enjoying it, so.. I looked on Craigslist. There was a deal for 1100, bought it.. brand new sealed space gray. Then returned the one I bought at Frys.

tbirdparis

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2015
Still in the process of setting g it up. But it updated right away to 10.5.5. screen looks great. Love the keyboard. This was bought NEW from Blutekusa on eBay for $1149 no tax, free shipping. It's a base gold. I got a very slick dongle with 2 usb 3.0 ports and type c charging port, a clear cover, and a slick looking case -- all from amazon -- for $50. So now it's not too different, except for the screen, from my 2014 vase 11" MBA. Will update with progress report. I had spent time at both the apple store and best buy playing with these since the introduction. besides the retina screen. I fell in love from the beginning with the keyboard. I'n a VERY fast two finger types, so its perfect and I love the tactile feel. Later.

Couple of autocorrect typos there, so it looks like it'll probably take you a day or two to get your accuracy back!
But if you were already into the feel of the keyboard right out of the gate, that's a good start... :)

Reactions: Jetcat3 and Ludatyk

RUGGLES99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
Awesome! I had actually bought one at Frys.. cause I really wanted to see if I would actually be into it. I would have went to the Apple Store to test the keyboard out & put the rMB through it's paces.

But Frys is closer. They didn't have none on display... but sales person said you can buy it & always bring it back. I ended up enjoying it, so.. I looked on Craigslist. There was a deal for 1100, bought it.. brand new sealed space gray. Then returned the one I bought at Frys.

At that price its probably off the truck. whatever, a good deal, $50 cheaper than mine. The place I got from has now raised the price by $100. They've sold a lot.

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
I played with one today and loved it. I want one so bad!

Photos and videos just don't do the form factor justice. It's so small and thin and the bezels are tiny. The screen is amazing, I switched between the scaled resolutions and didn't really notice a difference in sharpness a few inches from the screen, much less from 15-20 inches like you would usually sit. Retina is amazing.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
At that price its probably off the truck. whatever, a good deal, $50 cheaper than mine. The place I got from has now raised the price by $100. They've sold a lot.

It wasn't off a truck. He actually got the Macbook off Cons somehow.. he's a pretty cool guy. He sells various electronics..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.