rMB more worth it with big discount?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by forge002, Sep 10, 2015.

1. forge002, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015

forge002 macrumors member

Hi all,

I have been thinking about purchasing the new rMB. I have read all about the issues various people have with the product but even though much opinion is negative i really do want one. I am fully aware of what the rMB is capable for and to that regard what it is and isnt built for.

What i would like to ask it that in the UK the base model is £1049 but as i am a student i can get the big 15% discount plus Apple are giving a free pair of Beats Solo2 headphones. After the discount and selling on the headphones it will make the price around £800.

At £800 do you guys think the rMB is more an attractive proposition?

2. RUGGLES99 macrumors 6502

There is no suck thing as an rMP, at least here in the u.s. if you mean a rMB, it sounds like a very good price.

3. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

It`s a cheap as you likely to get a new one for in the UK, without any catches. I own a 1.2 Retina MacBook and personally am pleased with the overall performance. As long as your aware of the the rMB`s performance envelope, your planned usage/workflow then you will have no problems.

Q-6

4. boltjames macrumors 68030

boltjames

Just to clarify in case it impacts your purchase decision, there are no "issues" with the product as reported by those of us who own RMB's. Those who dislike the product on various grounds have loud opinions but no practical experience with the product. If you base your purchase decision from information from real RMB owners, there are no issues.

Be advised that this notebook is a next-gen design for people who put a premium on portable form factor and wireless connectivity above a few milliseconds of multitasking time. If you compile huge 4K videos and are a big notebook gamer, this isn't the product for you. For everything else, it's fantastic.

BJ

5. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

It's a good, premium-priced laptop at full price. It's just as good a laptop at £800, but better value for money. The answer to your question has to be 'yes, it's better value at a cheaper price'; but only you can decide if it does what you want. In this forum, the majority of people answering your question will have bought one already, at close to full price, so it's unlikely many people will tell you it's not a good buy.

6. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

Good deal. Unless you want to wait till its replacement. It will be cheaper still.

7. forge002 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all replies.

Finally bit the bullet and purchased a base spec model in Space Gray and i have to say after spending nearly 24 hours with I'm absolutely in love with it.

It really is a stunning looking piece of tech, and i would even go as far as to say it is simply gorgeous. One thing i cannot get over is just how light the damn thing is, i keep picking it up every now and then just to marvel at it, it is astonishing. Yes it may be considered expensive for what is under the hood but the weight factor alone is wonderful.

Despite much debate surrounding the keyboard, i personally am finding it an absolute joy to type on. Don't get me wrong it has taken a little getting used to but I'm actually now finding I'm typing even quicker and more accurate than on my old 15" Windows laptop. Perhaps its the size of the actual keyboard itself but it really is excellent and overall very comfortable, i even find the click sound that the keys make really nice, for me its very satisfying.

I know i have i have only had it for one day, and i guess you could say its the "honeymoon" period but after spending over two weeks researching and listening to countless opinions and views about the Macbook, i am so glad with my purchase.

Yes it may not be for everyone but i have gone in with my eyes wide open to its capabilities. For what i need it to do it is just simply perfect, more than enough power and has ultra portability. Again i am happy to say I'm thrilled with it.