rMB Performance

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by mdragoni, Jul 14, 2016.

1. mdragoni macrumors member

I'm considering purchasing an m5 or m7 rMB and I'm curious to find out how Sierra may impact the performance of the machine. I understand that its problematic to gauge this of a beta, but has anyone seen a performance bump (or significant decrease) while using Sierra with the rMB?

2. jas07 macrumors regular

jas07

Im very interested in this as well, I've got the m7 rMB and debating whether or not to give it a go, I've had no performance issues on my 2012 rMBP.

3. twanj macrumors member

twanj

rMBP 2012 here, I find the performance to be the same. it freed up 20 GB so that's always helpful. I do notice some pages in Chrome freeze for a few seconds occasionally. it's annoying but doable.

4. DarthBradicus macrumors member

I have the 2016 m5 MacBook. Installed Sierra the day the Public Beta came out. Performance seems about the same. No issues at all. Haven't even noticed any bugs either, but I haven't used much other than Safari and Photos really. I can confirm that for me also, it inexplicably freed up about 20-25 GB.

5. ajaan macrumors member

I have the latest m5 13-inch rMBP. No performance issues from the UI. Only slow down is Safari loading webpages. Nothing happens for perhaps 1 - 1.5 seconds, which seems like an age, then suddenly the webpage will load -- a delay rather than an issue rendering the images / webpage.