RMB tiny white spots over the screen (no dead pixels)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mark Kappert, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Mark Kappert, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016

Mark Kappert macrumors regular

Mark Kappert

This week when I opened my 12'' MacBook I saw over the screen small white spots over the whole screen. At first I thought it might be a smug on the screen but a quick wipe down and close inspection from various angles confirmed it was something else. I shut down and turned the RMB back on. The tiny bright white spots were persistent, though only noticeable amid a dark background or when the sun reflects on the screen.

Anybody has the same problem or does know what is the best solution to resolve this problem? I didn't make a case at Apple yet, because I'm in a doubt if Apple repair this under warranty else I need to get in touch with my insurance company.

[​IMG]

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

Honestly just looks like a dirty screen. Else, dust under the screen.

3. Mark Kappert thread starter macrumors regular

Mark Kappert

It really isn't dirty at all...I wasn't able to make a picture which is more clear than the one in my post. Personally I think this is a ''Staingate'' case..?!

4. JTToft macrumors 68040

- Well, if there's something wrong with it, I'm confident Apple will swap it out for a new one for you.

5. Mark Kappert thread starter macrumors regular

Mark Kappert

I might go then to Apple next week and let them have a look at it. Hopefully they will repair it else swap it out for a new one, but I'll have the bad luck that I've to pay for a new screen.