rMB v MBA 13" Screen size

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by lord e55ex, May 4, 2015.

1. lord e55ex macrumors member

I'm pretty certain this is a simply question, for the people that have moved from a MBA 13" to the rMB, have you missed the actual screen size.

I will freely admit that I have not tried one in store, due to none being on display when I visited. I'm thinking moving from my MacBook Air 2011 model to rMB. I probably spend 95% of my time using iCloud features and Safari so not worried about about photoshop or things like that.

Not question you get more bang for your buck with the MBPr, but I really don't need all the ports and the power!

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Given the increased resolution, and thinner bezel, I think most people are going to say no, they don't miss the inch. LOL...

3. vanimal macrumors 6502a

^ 1.3" actually. The MBA is a 13.3" screen vs the 12"

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

It actually does not feel that different from the 13" Air b.c the highest resolution on both is the same, 1440 x 900.

5. Dayv macrumors 6502

I had a non-retina 13" MBP, so the screen was similar to the Air. I don't miss the extra screen size at all.

6. newellj macrumors 601

It depends what you're doing. For me, using a single program/app, the difference was unnoticeable. When I had two documents or spreadsheets open side by side, I did notice the difference - the 12" display was just enough smaller that the text/numbers became harder to read easily.

7. lord e55ex thread starter macrumors member

Well at the moment its literally just for browsing the web and using Photos and editing docs etc. Is there UI lag when you have multiple apps open ?

8. newellj macrumors 601

I did not have any lag, but I don't see it with the rMBP, either. A typical session would be a couple of Office docs/spreadsheets open, Adobe Acrobat Pro open, a dozen Safari tabs open, Messages and iTunes running.

On the other hand, other people seem to see lag all the time. I never use Mission Control, I always turn off transparency and I don't full-screen my apps - because I don't like any of those. Some of those might create lag.

9. rajivhifi macrumors member

There is a difference

My wife has a 13" MBA and she can't stand to see the smaller screen on my rMB. She does admit the retina makes a difference but she can't switch to the 12". I use a 13" MBP for work and notice the difference too. I will definitely switch to a larger screen size should they bring out one in the future.

10. lord e55ex thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your feedback, im feeling more and more that a better upgrade would be to the rMBP 13". Why cant they just upgrade the Air ! LOL :cool: