rMB vs 13-rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mjs402, Apr 26, 2015.

1. mjs402 macrumors 6502

So, I have a 2014 rMBP 13-inch and I now also own a MacBook (though I have to replace it because the body is warped; will do that tomorrow). I've been doing everything on this guy the last little bit and I had to grab something from the 13-inch rMBP and... wow.. I don't know how I ever used something that bulky. The thing is, I know it's only 0.71 inches thick but I mean wow.. it feels old now. The trackpad clicks so weirdly compared to this guy..

It's shocking.

2. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

Initially when this machine came out, I ragged on it as useless and what not, but after giving it some thought, the 12" MB has its own use case. I mean, when you stop to think about how we compute today, it suffices for the vast majority of people out there. I myself have a 2012 15" MBP that I won't be replacing anytime soon, but all I do on it can be done on a less capable machine really.

However, the one aspect of the machine that is embarrassing is that webcam, it's simply indefensible how Apple could put a 480p webcam in on this machine in 2015 as opposed to the 720p ones in the other machines.

3. mjs402 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, I agree with that, the 480p webcam is absolutely terrible. As much as I love this MacBook, you can clearly see it is grainier when FaceTime is open.

4. Visly, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

Visly macrumors member

Well
    For example,most time i use FaceTime audio calls with my friends(I'm not using video calls - very rare) - its not necessary to see their faces))
    I think now its pragmatic approach era when people don't have to see each other in internet- texting and audio is enough for communication,so i think 480P camera is not a problem

You can discuss also in my topic
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1873753

welcome)