Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phightinphils

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
USA
Anyone else experiencing wifi issues? Mine seems to be sporadic and I don't believe it's the router/network given the fact that all other wireless products in the house work fine. I have 3 bars, but cannot send iMessage/use the web.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Anyone else experiencing wifi issues? Mine seems to be sporadic and I don't believe it's the router/network given the fact that all other wireless products in the house work fine. I have 3 bars, but cannot send iMessage/use the web.

Sounds like something else is going on. Are you on 5ghz or 2.4? May want to try switching over. Funny I can be sitting 4 feet from the router on my iPhone and it gets 5 bars on 2.4 and only 3 bars on 5 ghz. I think it's the whole higher-frequency = lower penetration, but still, jeez, that's finicky.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Absolutely no trouble on 2.4 or 5 gHz here, but I don't have any trouble with any of my other Macs on 10.10. However, there are a lot of people with wifi problems on all kinds of Macs, so I am not surprised (but still disappointed) that the rMB would have the same issues. :(

legioxi

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
I run a Cisco 1702 AP in the basement of my house with internal antennas. I'm able to use wifi on the second level of the house without issue. I also connect at 500-600Mbps via 802.11ac on the first level. Wifi works quite well on the Macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.