rMBP 13 (2015) + El Capitan + Login Screen Resolution

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SakeriKatz, Dec 7, 2015.

1. SakeriKatz macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently purchased a Retina MacBook Pro 13 (Early 2015). I find the default resolution to be way too large - as such I've switched to "Scaled" and set to "More Space".

However, upon rebooting the rMBP, the login screen uses the "default" resolution, and resizes whilst logging in/decrypting. How can I change this? I find it unacceptable.

If I put the rMBP on standby, the login screen is corrected scaled.

I've tried various options, including PRAM reset, enabling root + setting the resolution + rebooting... The alternative of enabling root + setting the resolution to default + rebooting, etc. Nothing works.

There *must* be a way to change the resolution upon first login... If anyone knows how to do this, and can advise, I would be most grateful!

Oh, I've also tried the likes of SetResX and various other apps - which only change the resolution when logged in, not at reboot/startup.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

As far as I know, you can't change it. The login screen displayed before decrypting isn't using the same settings as your OS, because your OS is still encrypted.

How often do you restart your computer anyway? I've probably seen that screen a dozen times since April.