rMBP 13" Battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BlueHusky, Apr 6, 2013.

1. BlueHusky macrumors member

BlueHusky

Hey guys with rMBP 13" how is your battery life?

Are you guys liking the battery life with it?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are many factors that impact your battery life beyond which model Mac you have. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. Mercmanman macrumors member

I went from a 2012 MBA to the 13 rMBP. RMBP consistently outlasts the mana in my application. If I have the screen at 40% brightness and am working on a document and email and a little web browsing,mine battery timer shows over 9 hours. I have gone more than 8 hours regularly.

4. BlueHusky thread starter macrumors member

BlueHusky

Thanks for the info. I just wanted users take on the rMBP 13" battery. I just got one as an upgrade from 2012 macbook air and the battery seems really disappointing.

5. Rocketpaul macrumors regular

what battery timer app do you use?

6. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Search for "Battery Logger" in the app store. If gives you a full accounting of actual usage (deducting shutdown and sleep periods).

7. fruitycups macrumors 6502

Yes me too. I went from a 2012 air to rMBP 13 as well.

So how do you think the battery life compares to the 2012 air? I feel as if the battery life is way worse. Your thoughts?

I don't mean the numbers game of how much shows up on your "estimated time" but as in the day to day use. For me it just feels as if the battery power is way lower than the air...

8. KPOM macrumors G5

I went from an 11.6" MBA to a 13.3" rMBP, so I noticed an improvement. If you came from a 13.3" MBA the battery life is worse on the rMBP because of the screen.

9. BlueHusky thread starter macrumors member

BlueHusky

My rMBP has a owc ssd in it. Would that change the battery life dramatically?

any of you guys in the same situation?