rMBP 13" - Keyboard, Trackpad & Screen questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Okora, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Okora macrumors newbie

I recently bought a 2015 rMBP 13" to replace a rMB (which unfortunately wasn't up to the task). I have used the 2014 model at work so I have really noticed the differences in keyboard & trackpad. Can any other 2015 owners tell me if they have experienced the same?

1) Keyboard - it feels 'softer', more 'mushy' than previous models, such as the 2014 rMBP and the MBA. If this just me? I have seen other forum posts mentioning it too.

2) Trackpad - I had to disable the deeper 'force' click because I kept accidentally invoking it while dragging files between folders. I have only had this laptop for a few days so maybe I need to get used to it, but so far I prefer the old physical click. It also seems a little different from the rMB - does anyone know if it's the exact same hardware?

3) I've noticed a slight blue tint on the screen around the edges of the screen (particularly the left and bottom edge). It's only visible against a white background, and i've seen a similar issue on various iPad models (the original retina iPad and the iPad Air 2), so maybe this is just a normal artefact with apple screens.

Overall the laptop is great, and performs fantastically, especially coming from a 2 week tryout of the rMB. I just wanted to know how common these things are?

Thanks! :)

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Have you tried changing the settings for Force click to make the activation point harder? I have the rMB and have been working with a new 15" Pro recently and they both feel identical to me, but I have read that the one on the MB is slightly thinner. I think Force Touch is a fantastic improvement, and now when I use my wife's Air the old style feels archaic.

Regarding the screen, every manufacturer has variations in their screens - some are slightly warmer, some cooler, some more even than others. In general, Apple has much better QC in this regard than any other manufacturer I've ever worked with, but if it's a noticeably defect to you, Apple will certainly work to rectify it.

3. Okora thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I do this? All I can see in trackpad settings is the light - medium - firm setting for the click feedback

4. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

That's exactly it - each of those adjusts the pressure required to activate both levels of Force Click.