rMBP 13 (late 2013) Clock Won't Keep Time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by safelder, Dec 18, 2013.

1. safelder macrumors member

Thanks to Best Buy's Cyber Monday sale, I just switched from an early-2011 MBP 15 to a late-2013 rMBP 13. Everything is great -- it is snappy, the screen is beautiful, etc. I've recently noticed, however, that the clock isn't able to keep accurate time. When I boot from cold, it is just fine, and stays just fine until the machine goes to sleep for any extended period (at least, I think that's what triggers it). When I wake it up, the clock is all jacked up, and won't pick up the correct time unless and until I open the System Preferences Date and Time pane.

There doesn't seem to be any logic to the time it displays--it can be early, it can be late, it can be off by an hour (making it seem like a time zone thing) or several hours.

In the Date and Time pane, I have the machine set to set time automatically, but not to set time zone automatically. I'm not running anything on this machine that I wasn't running on my old 15, which also ran Mavericks (if anything, I'm running less, having done away with AirDisplay, Parallels Access, gfxCardStatus, and TRIM Enabler).

Any thoughts?

2. raptor402 macrumors 6502

Try one or both of the following:

1. Check "set time zone automatically"
    2. Uncheck "set time automatically" too

I hope this helps.

Regards
    Raptor

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

I use the time server option. sets date and time automatically via time server.