rMBP 13" late 2013 Wake up glitch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by trocLas, Apr 21, 2014.

1. trocLas macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a rMBP 13" late 2013 (8 GB RAM/ 256 SSD) since march 30 and I've noticed that when I wake up the Mac on after 3/4 hours of inactivity/sleep, a graphic glitch appears right before my user ID image and login prompt.

I've uploaded a small video to exemplify the situation: Download HERE

Does anyone think this is a problem? As far as I noticed, it has not cause any harm regarding performance or user experience.

trocLas

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

It sometimes happens to both my late-2013 rMBPs too, but I'm not worried about it.

A GPU failure is unlikely on 13" rMBPs because they use the integrated Iris 5100.

3. ssn637 macrumors 6502

I've got a similar graphics glitch on my 1-week old rMBP 13" 2013 whenever I start up the system in OS X Mavericks. I'm also having problems resuming from sleep mode and have noted image retention (A018 screen).

Unfortunately, I purchased this model from a local reseller who doesn't provide a 14-day return policy. Big mistake. But the nearest Apple Store didn't have the high-end model in stock and I didn't want to wait 2 weeks for the online order. Next time I'll know better.

I don't think the graphics glitch is a problem since I don't see it in Windows (Boot Camp partition), but the image retention bothers me and I'm going to keep an eye on it. Since no one has been able to determine who the display manufacturers are (I suspect LG) and many have already reported image retention on their 13" models we may just have to live with it and hope there's no noticeable impact with time.

4. trocLas thread starter macrumors newbie

I believe that the problem was solved after the installation of the security update, two days ago! The problem didn't happened since that update!

5. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

I can't view that video, it downloads 99% then stops :(

Barney