rMBP 13 red and cold screen issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MajkJaro, Sep 9, 2013.

1. MajkJaro macrumors member

Well it's not a big issue. I just can't find an actual thread about it.

Did anyone notice that his retina13 inch early13 gives a lot of "pop" to red colours and the skin tones are generally warmer.
    My rMBP when closed up with an iPhone 4s looks similar but when I put it next to my old sony vaio 17 inch the Sony has colder screen temperature.

Had anyone had that issue?

It doesnt bother me much, just asking. Will have to find out how will the photos printed look compared to retina :)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Just calibrate the display so the colors a more accurate.

3. MajkJaro thread starter macrumors member

Just want to ask whether its a tendency that laptop screens are colder?

4. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

These days Apple's displays are fairly well calibrated out of the box, however this can make them look "warm" compared to many other screens, especially older or cheaper ones.

Many companies will calibrate their screens much cooler than they should because side by side the cooler blue-ish white can make the display seem brighter, even if it's not.

If the white temp of your display matches the 4S there's a good chance it's better calibrated than the Vaio screen.

5. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

^This.

And if the Vaio is an older model with a CCFL backlight, the colours might start to get a yellow/red tint when the backlight ages.