rMBP 13" Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by saeen, Oct 31, 2014.

1. saeen, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014

saeen macrumors newbie

Hi, there's so much discussion going about the display of retina macbook. I just got mine, late-2013. I did tests and I felt like my screen is having ghosting problem too.

Manufacturer: 00000610
    Model: 0000A020

I am attaching some screenshots. Do you guys think I should request for replacement?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
  2. vjobs macrumors regular

Some have IR, some don't. The question is; do you see IR at normal usage?

If not, I would keep this, since also a lot of MPBr's are facing displays which are not uniform.

If you see IR at normal usage though, definitely ask for a replacement screen.

3. saeen thread starter macrumors newbie

Not at all. It hard to see.

And when u log out, the dock remain transparent or is it ghosting that I see?

4. vjobs macrumors regular

Then, I would keep it.

With my MBPr 15" 2014 also shows the dock when logging out, but it's not IR. When I logout (Yosemite), the dock supposed to go down 'leaving the screen', but mine stuck at the middle for a few seconds, and after it's gone. I don't see anything transparent...

5. saeen thread starter macrumors newbie

I went to apple and they ran their own tests. The screen was fine no Ir what so ever. But the dock is still ghosting on log on screen. Let's see how long it takes to get worst. Apple Store guy said u still have one year warranty so if things go worst just come by.

6. saeen thread starter macrumors newbie

And since I was at Apple store I check all 13 inch retina's. They all were A018 running Yosemite. I opened the marco website and the great mountain was visible in background. Not sure if safari in Yosemite is transparent or it was IR. Checked the 15 inch, no such issue what so ever. 100% perfect!