rMBP 13", shall get in May 2013, wait or buy now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by harshunlimited, Feb 22, 2013.

  1. harshunlimited macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2013
    #1
    Hi,

    I have been looking to buy an MBP for a long time now, but never really bought one due to price constraints, however this time it is getting more and more irresistible especially considering the price drops on later 2012 rMBP 13" with a config of 2.5 i5/8gb/256gb (MD213LL/A) on stores such as Amazon or even B&H which with no tax, free parallels & applecare shall be $1610 shipped (savings of $1000 if I purchase similar deal locally).

    What's stopping me from doing the obvious is that I ll get the computer in my hand only by the end of May 2013 once my brother returns after completing his college from PITT.

    So I am now in a fix that I should buy now & ship to him so that these stores do not run out of inventories of this model as it ll be phased out or should I wait till probably early May and whatever the best deal is then, I order that?

    Will honestly be obliged to receive your valuable suggestions. Thanks for reading.

    Sincerely,
    Jain
     
  2. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2009
    Location:
    Bronx,Ny
    #2
    First off why do you have to ship it to him ? just cause apple stop selling the cmbp doesnt mean that amazon Will stop selling it , plus the next mac wouldnt come out before june apple needs to wait until intel new cpu called haswell comes out
     
  3. harshunlimited thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2013
    #3
    because he is the only person I know in the US.

    That is what even I am hoping, with the expected launch of haswell in June, the newer rMBP shouldn't be out before Q4 2013, but my question was on the current commercial deal that I am getting or do you think they ll drop prices on the newest version also by early May?
     
  4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2009
    #4
    I doubt that they'll drop the price of the new $1699 model by May, but they may be available at a discount from the refurbished store by then: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro/13
     
  5. harshunlimited thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2013
    #5
    even with the 15% discount for a refurb that they normally offer, the price shall be $1444 + $240 (apple care) + $40 (parallels) + 6%Tax = $1830, still more than $200 more from the current deal.

    Do you have a feeling they would be having this model in stock by May or it is almost certain that they ll run out within maybe a couple of weeks.
     
  6. Stetrain macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2009
    #6
    Sounds like your deal is better then. I don't think that the 2.5/8/256 models will be in stock for very long because they are being directly replaced by the 2.6 model.
     
  7. naz-dream-boys macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2012
  8. KPOM macrumors G5

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2010
    #8
    There is not much difference between the 2.5 and 2.6. It'd get the 2.5 while you can.
     
  9. harshunlimited thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2013
    #9
    Thanks to all for their inputs.

    So it seems, the general sense here is that I should buy now, will take a decision coming Tuesday & let you know here. Should you have more suggestions until then, would welcome.

    Once again, thanks for sharing your thoughts.
     
  10. Sean76 macrumors 6502

    Sean76

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2013
    Location:
    NYC
    #10
    From what I heard from Apple...The 2.5 256GB model will only be available from 3rd party retailers with left over stock. Same for the units with 128GB as well.

    And from the looks of it, people are snatching them up real quick. Cant go wrong for the price IMO!
     
  11. harshunlimited thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2013
    #11
    Just bought the same deal at $50 more....was hoping the price will drop, which did on the computer but B&H pulled out of the AppleCare that they were offering for $100 at the time of OP, now at $180.

    My brother is finally leaving the US next Sunday, so this was the only chance for me to get my first Mac.

    Thanks for posting your replies & suggestions.

    Hoping for the best with Screen in particular, else Apple Care here in India is very good too.
     

Share This Page