rMBP 13" system lag

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by keviig, Jan 4, 2016.

1. keviig macrumors 6502

I just got my rMBP 13" Early 2015 2.7GHz, 128GB a couple of days ago. It's running El Capitan 10.11.2 and display scaling is at the standard setting. No external monitor connected, cpu temps are completely fine.
    The UI is very smooth, scrolling and animations are all 60fps or very close.

But, every like 30 seconds or so there is a lag of what feels like 0,5sec where everything stops, text input, scrolling and animations. I can manage to write an entire word, and nothing appears, then after the 0,5 seconds the word appears as a whole. Also, when scrolling, the scroll stops for the same amount of time before it suddenly starts going again.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be? It doesn't really affect my workflow, but it gets annoying after a while.

2. weatherwax macrumors member

weatherwax

Have you tried resetting your SMC and NVRAM? Might be a cache issue, though doesn't really make sense given the new machine.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Yeah try the usual SMC NVRAM resets and maybe run a repair disk in disk utility, if that doesn't work an OSX reinstall may do the job. After that if its still bad take it back to apple and get it replaced you have 14 days no questions asked.

4. keviig thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried SMC and NVRAM resets, no difference. Did a hard drive format and clean OSX reinstall over night and so far it seems to be working perfectly again! Thank you so much for your help both of you!