rMBP 15" 2,3 16mb retailler delivery time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ruipatricio, Dec 4, 2013.

1. ruipatricio macrumors newbie

Hi, its my first time here, as its the first time I have a apple product, therefore I am new to the mechanics of this blogger, bear with me please...

So I ordered my rMBP trought a authorized retaill shop in Austria on the 20th of November and so far....it hasn't got here yet.

So my question is if anyone knows the previsions of delivery time for this country. They say it's taking more time than usual because I ordered an international keyboard.

And, as you may guess, they order more than one to this store so I don't have a order number to wich I could search in the apple site.

Can someone give some tips on what can I do to discover where is my computer and how long will it take to get to the store?

Thank you

2. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

are they store have a stock? or waiting until they have a stock?
    i think 14-21 days is normal process.
    have you talking with their support?

3. ruipatricio thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been talking with the store manager but he says that he has no idea where my order is. And this is what I am not understanding. It sounds fishy... And I came here to know if there is a way to track this store orders. Because they are not telling me anything and now I am stuck with this order.

My old computer decided to die on me in the meanwhile so.... I am really desperate and I don't know what to do here...

And no,they don't have the higher configurations in stock. So they ordered it for me. But it's taking way too long man...

4. ruipatricio thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone knows if there is a department that can help me with this?
    Because if I am bound to pay for a product that I don't even have then I should get support regarding the delivery status.

I would much appreciate any help.

5. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

how you buy this macbook?
    bank transfer? or credit card?
    you can talking officer in the store by show your "transaction script".

6. ruipatricio thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't pay for anything yet. I just ordered a computer trough a store. I have the order transcript but it doesn't show the serial because the store did it for me online. So they order more than one. So there is no individual order number. You see?

Ok. I can see that this is going nowhere, thanks for the help.

7. Serban Suspended

calm down, ive been there...until the product is not out from the factory the reseller can't know anything. if is a custom to build you have to wait 1 month maximum. all my imacs are BTO and for each 4 weeks ive waited and until the product is not out from the factory noone can't know anything...unless you want to really know and in this case mail to tim cook and a nice lady will call you in 48h. Remember to put your phone number in your mail

----------

all the orders are centred in UK

8. ruipatricio, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013

ruipatricio thread starter macrumors newbie

Really ?????

Tim Cook???

Ok, looks like there is a tabu here... So let me see if I get this straight:
    Because u and everyone else had to wait, I have to wait. Right??? Lol
    No mf.... Waiting it's not my problem here... My problem is that I ordered something and there is no information about the status of that. And that is called bad management. And bad costumer service.

Just because apple products are premium products doesn't mean that Apple can treat their costumers like a dictator treats his people.

So, jokes aside if u please, people shouldn't resignate on their rights.

9. Dekard macrumors 6502

Dekard

This is an issue with the 'authorized' retail shop.. Go to apple.com or apple store and they can help you, if you order through B&H, MacMall or John's Apple Store you'll need to go through them to get your updates.

If you ordered it through Apple, you get a serial number attached and can monitor from ordering through to delivery. I don't see how Apple is at fault here. I can understand how frustrating it is waiting and nobody to get information from, I think your only recourse here is the 'authorized' retail shop you purchased it from.

10. Serban Suspended

calm down, we are not friends. I just told you what is happen at apple. You have 2 choices : mail to tim cook if you want to know your status of your product until is come out from factory, or wait a little bit more and after your product is on the move you will be getting every information of where is it. The exact location.

OR

Buy something else (non-apple)

11. ruipatricio thread starter macrumors newbie

They are authorized, no doubt there. But I will try and see if they have a serial regarding my order, one that I can actually use in the delivery status apple page.
    I will try that tomorrow. Shops closed today.

12. ruipatricio, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013

ruipatricio thread starter macrumors newbie

Obviously we are not friends, i was answering in the same tone as you answered me when I asked for help. No second intentions, just plain old help.
    So, Even if I misplaced my initial question, since there could be a proper place in macrumors for this kind of questions, which I don't think I did, if you had nothing constructive to say.... Don't.

Because obviously, you don't have my problem. If u had then you wouldn't like someone making fun of you. And if you have Apple in such an high regard, like you are payed to say good of them, probably you should think of getting a job there. Then you would actually get payed for defending something that isn't even yours.

Just for the record, I think Apple has one of the most successful marketing campaigns ever, the best designed products, one the best all-in-one hardware sets for the medium/pro consumer, plus the way they constrict applications access from other sources in a way helps the consumer not to get confused with 'junk' software, BUT... Since they have so many requests, probably they should get a better, dare I say more crowded, delivery support.

As for the reply you will obviously make, please read carefully what I wrote before you get ahead of yourself.

Everyone has the right for an opinion about everything, as for me, I just came here for a few suggestions and I have listen to them carefully and tried to adjust them to my possibilities so... Take it easy dude.

Oh, ehehehe, and now I have the utmost certain that you didn't read what I wrote:
    "Buy something else???" Really?????????
    Which part didn't you understood that I made an order, that order can't be cancelled?
    Do you think I don't have anything better to do than write in help forums? I am really screwed here, because I have deadlines, 2500€ stalled in a order and I can't buy another computer obviously.

13. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

You would still need to try with the shop.
    There's no Apple-owned stores in Austria, only dealers or other authorized shops that sell Apple products, but none are owned by Apple.
    So, your only real results will be at the shop where you ordered your products.

Maybe a one choice would be to cancel your order at the shop - and re-order your products directly from Apple, through the online Apple store…
    http://store.apple.com/at
    That will provide you with notification of shipments, and you should be able to easily track your order.

If your present order can't be cancelled (a non-refundable deposit, or other situation), then you are stuck with what that store can do for you. They probably don't normally order direct from Apple, but would get shipments through whatever company the shop uses for wholesale orders.

14. ruipatricio thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Delta,

I made the EPIC of stupid moves. I signed a document... " never sign anything before you get what you want" that was really text book ******* move!

And even if I didn't there's also ethics involved here, :( I asked this store to order a product for me, if I bailed out they would be stuck with a piece of machinery that wouldn't sell in this country because of the international keyboard(German keyboards have the z switched with the y key and the punctuation keys have their own lexicon, umlaut's and so on) and because the specs are to high for a normal consumer to buy.
    So I can relate with the store owners problem.

I will check with the store tomorrow and try to get a valid order number so I can search in the apple site. If not.... It's going to a LONG 2 extra weeks.

I've never been in this situation before, I always plan ahead, I didn't think that my computer would die on me without notice.

When I have some solid I will answer to all who helped me here.
    Thanks for the support.

15. Serban Suspended

please read this !!!

Ive been there IN YOUR SHOES 2 times with my 2 imac...i just told you what choices do you have and work !

16. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Those choices are not always effective, or efficient, nor the only choices, despite your own experience.
    The OP lives in Austria, where there are no Apple-owned shops (yet).
    Standard orders ship through a third-party supplier, and not always directly from Apple. Custom configurations would, but still would normally be handled by the supplier. Contacting Apple directly would not likely be productive, particularly if time is an issue. OP would be best to keep in close contact with the local shop, as they will (in theory) be best choice for tracking the status of an Apple order.

17. Serban Suspended

i live in Romania-NO APPLE STORE so...??? what is your point?

If you really want to know about your product- MAIL to Tim Cook and a lady called Defense will call back and keep you up to date ...if you don't want don't.Its that easy.

Is the only way until the product come out from the factory

18. ruipatricio thread starter macrumors newbie

end of waiting

Hi guys, :)

guess what?

it has arrived, BUT, this story has had so may turns since i last replied that i almost could write a book with it. simplifying this;

the store had incoming orders every 3 work days.
    in these long 2 weeks never did the my computer appeared in the order statement.
    it would take almost another 2 weeks for the pc to arrive by normal procedure.

so the store manager found me a upper model(2,6) that would arrive to the store today, i took it obviously because the 200 bucks more are worth it because of performance and my delivery dates.

so everything worked out for the best, i had luck because i had a concerned shop manager that, as it so seems, have been trying to solve my problem every day.

i don't think that anything would be gained here by saying the shops name, but the shop manager definitely deserves any commendations possible to is professionalism.

thank you, everyone of you that tried to help me, i knew deep down that i couldn't do anything else but wait, but still your support was valuable.

believe me it was.

cheers to you all.